About Hancock State Prison
- Provides housing for males eighteen years of age and older who have been convicted of serious crimes
- Academic/vocational, substance abuse, and other program services
- Medical services 16 hours per day, 4 days per week with 12 hour weekend coverage
- Vegan Diet
- Child Nutrition Program
- In-House Transitional Center
- Nine (9) general population dormitories housing 96 inmates each
- Two (2) segregation units with a combined total of 133 beds
- J Unit is one (1) open bay tent housing unit housing 70 inmates
- The Annex contains four (4) open bay dorms housing 50 inmates each.
- City and County contract and non-contract details
- Institutional work details include inside and outside maintenance
- Fire Station
- Yard Orderlies, Barbershop, Library, Food Service, Sanitation, Laundry Operations, and Dorm Orderlies.
- Academic: General Education Diploma, Adult Basic Education, Literacy Remedial
- Counseling: Motivation for Change, Re-entry, Matrix Early Recovery Skills, Family Violence, MRT, Thinking for a Change, Relapse Prevention, Individual Counseling, ITC Career Center, Confronting Self. SOPP
- Recreation: General Recreation, Intramural Sports
- Volunteer Services: Heads-Up, AA Religious Activities: Activities: Seventh Day Adventist, Jehovah Witness, Catholic, Protestant, General Services, Jumah and Talim services weekly. Bill Glass and KAIROS ministries.
- Vocational/OJT: Food Service, Laundry, Barber, Maintenance, Firefighting, GCI, Laundry, Grounds Maintenance, Custodial Maintenance, Career Center, and General Clerk
Hancock State Prison
701 Prison Blvd.
PO BOX 339
Sparta, GA 31087
Phone: (706) 444-1000
FAX: (706) 444-1137
From Atlanta: I-20 East to Exit 138 then turn right. Left onto Highway
15 South to Sparta (25 miles). Turn left at Courthouse and follow
Highway 15 through Sparta, bear right onto Highway 15 towards
Sandersville. Take a right at the BP Station onto Buffalo Road. (There
will be a small institution sign.) Proceed about two miles and Hancock
SP is on the right.
View Google Map